Thursday, June 10, 2010
Father's Day Photo Display
This photo display will be a surprise for Father's Day; it's a collection of endearing moments between daughter and daddy. It could also be adapted for a graduation display, baby shower, birthday or any other holiday. Here are the steps to this easy project:
1) Collect an assortment of clear jars (e.g., pickle, jam, olive, applesauce, etc.).
2) Thoroughly clean jars.
3) Remove the labels by soaking in vinegar and water .
4) Let jars air dry.
5) Measure the approximate height and width of each jar. Don't worry about being perfectly accurate, because you can always trim the photos to fit later.
6) Select your favorite digital photos and convert them to black and white for a gallery effect.
7) Re-size them to the custom sizes in Photoshop (or another photo editing program) to fit the jars.
8) Print out the photos on photo paper at home.
9) Slip the photos into the jars.
10) Arrange on table, shelf, window sill or mantle to display.