Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Potato Stamped Towels

  • 2 potatoes, cut in half and carved for stamps
  • assorted fabric paint colors
  • 4-pack white flour sack towels ($9.99 at World Market)
Crafting is simply more fun with a toddler involved. (Plus, it gives you an excuse if the results aren't magazine-page perfect!) For Mother's Day, my 2-year-old and I used potato stamps for creating gifts. She loved following my instructions to dip the potato in the paint and repeat the same pattern all along the hemline. We ended up with some whimsical, one-of-a-kind dish towels.

P.S. I apologize for the long hiatus in posting this spring! From moving into a new house to approaching my third trimester with Baby #2, I've been pretty busy (and tired). Hopefully, I'll be able to return to monthly posts from here on out. Happy Mother's Day to all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment