Thursday, September 23, 2010

End-of-Summer Watermelon Lime Slush

Earlier in the summer, we froze some leftover seedless watermelon that I've been meaning to make slushes out of. It was only appropriate, since we're still having weather in the 90s around here (despite the fact that it's officially autumn), that I'd choose this afternoon to break out the watermelon and create a cool treat.

Here's my recipe:
- 4 cups frozen watermelon chunks
- 2 cups flat Sprite (or simple syrup to taste)
- Juice of 3-4 limes, depending on how tart you like it!

Just throw all the ingredients in a blender and blitz it until smooth. You can strain out the small bits of watermelon, or--if you're like me--you can be a little lazy and leave them in for texture. My daughter certainly didn't mind either way, especially when I gave her a straw (her fave)! And Mommy got to pretend she was enjoying a mixed drink--it's all in the presentation, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment